We have indoor flowering plants, foliage plants for the home or office, and indoor/outdoor plants that can live outside in the summer and come inside the rest of the year. Here are a few of the blooming houseplants we typically stock.
At Stanley's we grow many houseplants ourselves--including, of course, our gorgeous holiday poinsettias. Other plants we acquire from regional growers and some of our orchids come from Hawaii or Florida. Typically we carry the following varieties of plants that live mostly or completely indoors:
- African violets
- Air plants
- Cacti & succulents (do not require as much attention or watering because they store water in their leaves!)
- Holiday cacti (zygocacti) in October, November, and December
- Kokedama (plants growing in a moss ball)
- Night-blooming cereus
- Orchids (easy-to-grow)
- Peace lilies
- Poinsettias (in December) in a plethora of different colors and varieties
- Sansevierias (air-cleaning plants!)
- Tradescantia zebrina (commonly called Wandering Jew)
- And sooo many others!
Remember even within the same plant types, there can be quite a bit of variation and individual plants can surprise you with their durability--and sometimes their fragility. So check with our plant specialists if you are uncertain which houseplant will grow successfully in your particular home, office, restaurant, or other indoor environment.