Along with proper planting, watering, and sunlight, trees, shrubs, and plants require nutrients in the proper amounts for optimum root growth, plant growth, blooming, and to sustain their life cycle. Stanley's tree & shrub specialist Calvin Mitchell, along with his fellow plant science graduate student Sean Bowen, lead this workshop to explain:
- The various kinds of soil amendments (water soluble, organic, synthetic, time released, root stimulators, manure, mushroom mix, soil conditioners, etc.)
- What the three numbers on plant fertilizers mean
- What various soil amendments do
- Organic fertilizers versus synthetic fertilizers
- Safe handling practices for plant fertilizers
Find out what that guy with the "green thumb" down the road is really doing that you aren't, and what you can do to give your trees, shrubs, and plants their best chance to thrive.